Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pessimism and cynicism

2 blogs, 2 ideas... An experiment to explore the upside and the downside of life. This blog seeks to find out what it is like to look at life expecting the worst, expecting disappointment, and expecting to be sad and hurt. What causes bitterness? Is it loss of hope, is it a practiced art? Is it an accumulated affect of constantly licking wounds, complaining, and general glumness? Does misery really love company? Will I have more friends if I am living on the downside? Does the squeaky wheel get the grease? Will I accomplish more if I complain and complain loudly? I'm wondering? For the second half of my life which side will be the best side to live on? The upside or the downside? I have until my 50th birthday to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment